Provides for the organization, guidance and supervision of Christian Education of the congregants.
Mrs. Sarah Pinkney-Murkey
Ms. Gina Snowden-Harrell and Mrs. Emma Smith
Ms. Carrie Nelson
Church Theme: “Serving God’s Purpose in our Generation” Psalm 90:17, Acts 13:36
What is Christian Education: Christian Education is a process that helps a community of believers understand theology, learn Christian history, reinforce personal decisions to live for Christ, become equipped to serve and make commitment to the internal and outreach ministries of the local church.
Mission: Clinton A.M.E. Zion Christian Education Department will equip and nurture persons of all ages to become a community of Christ by: Teaching the language of our faith and the spirit of the bible through our Ministries: creating a welcoming environment; and sharing life’s experiences, supporting each other’s needs, and inspiring each other through the Holy Spirit that we may better serve God’s word. “It was He who gave some to be apostle, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists and some to be pastors and teachers to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ” Ephesians 4:11-13
Assembly of Christian Educators (ACE) Membership: Ages 18 and over
- Spiritual Insights
This ministry provides engaging and stimulating seminars with an opportunity for fellowship and spiritual growth. Each seminar begins with a delicious, well planned, health conscious meal to enhance the physical stamina of its members. Spiritual Insights meets the first Friday of each month from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
- TIPS (Transformation in Progress for Salvation) – a ministry that provides spiritual and moral support to homeless women. A Bible Study class is held each Monday evening to foster this initiative.
- GEMS- senior ministry, for those who have made it by Grace and Endless Mercy
- African Diaspora – an annual celebration on the fourth Sunday in February during the 11:00 a. m. service; to acknowledge the diverse ethnicity within the church.
Theater Arts – Organizes presentations for holidays and special events
Young Adults in Christian Ministries (YACM): Membership – Ages 22-40
- Martin Luther King Program- Annually in January
- Workshops— Special workshops are held at least twice a year to meet the needs of the Young Adults in the church and the Community.
- Talk back to the Pastor- Monthly meeting with the Pastor to discuss the morning message and other questions the Young Adults may have fellowship activities
Varick International Christian Youth Council: Membership –Ages 12-22
- Youth Fellowship and Kingdom building – Youth, ages 12-22 are provided exciting opportunities for bible study; monthly youth focused activities; liturgical dancing and participation in dynamic special seasonal programs and special programs for College Youth
- Liturgical dance
- Special seasonal programs
- Bible Study
- Philadelphia-Baltimore Conferences and workshops
- Baltimore District Conferences and Workshop
Varick’s Children Ministries: Membership – Children – Ages 4-12
- Children’s Ministry includes weekly Bible Study classes and exciting special holiday events and activities.
- Monthly Fellowships
- Sunday School Ministry – Sunday school meets at 8:30 AM on the first Sunday of the month and at 9:30 AM all other Sundays. The SS department sponsors, co-sponsors and/or participates with other ministries for seasonal and other special programs.
- Vacation Bible School – This summer week long program of religious education focuses on Bible stories, religious songs, skits, along with arts and crafts. The program accommodates ages ranging from pre-school through adult. Specific program dates are advertised during the spring of each year.
- Children’s Church – Children’s Church provides young worshipers ages 3 to 12 an engaging, child-friendly, developmentally appropriate opportunity to participate in and learn about the Christian faith during the Sunday morning worship service. All children begin their worship experience with their families in the sanctuary and are guided to Children’s Church during the offering. Participants are also offered a light snack.